Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Things I Learned {Including a Recipe!}

Hey peeps! Ready for Fourth of July? I am, I mean come on, check out my toes :)



My friends and I went to a local fireworks show; Have you been to one yet? Or do you set off your own (technically they are illegal in NC but everyone just goes to SC to buy them because it's only about 30 minutes away)



I can't take the photo credit for these; they were taken by my friend Jillian 

So I'd like to share some of my latest revelations and creations of course!


Well first I learned that Matcha powder is EXPENSIVE! Like seriously, almost fifteen dollars for this little gem.


But I have been using it lately and lovin it(: Check out this recipe I came up with;








Double Green Macho Smoothie

1/4-1/2 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk (or Water)
1/3 Frozen Cooked Sweet Potato (I cubed mine) or Bananas work too
1 T Matcha Powder
1 T Espresso Powder
1 scoop Incredible Greens
1/2 t Vanilla extract
1/8 t Stevia Extract (adjust to taste)
1/2 t Cinnamon
Pinch of Salt
Ice Cubes (adjust to taste; I like mine icy so I use around 7-8)


Optional: Protein Powder (I have played around with Vanilla and Banana Cream)


Instructions: Blend it all up! I would suggest putting the liquid in first so it's easier for your blender (actually powder first and then liquid so the powder doesn't fly up everywhere


I topped mine with blueberries, a crumbled rice cake, peanut butter hummus and a little love grown(:


I've learned that my braiding skills are better than I thought (If I do say so myself)



I just did pigtail french braids and then twisted them up and bobby pinned to mi cabeza(:


I found out that my dog will rip any UPS package she finds to shreds; good thing she didn't get to my foodie pen pal package!

#yikes

I've found that these nutty protein bites make the perfect fuel for a gym seesh or a Cardio Funk Class

This song is a great high energy tune that always comes on my Pandora Station #lovinit
I found a grr face; great for heavy lifting :)


That colorful plates are the tastiest!



Sautéed Spinach, Rainbow Tahini Slaw, Peach Salsa and Pork Tenderloin


That too much Xanthan Gum doesn't sit well with my stomach; anyone else?



I made Shannon's protein cinnamon rolls with 1/4 tsp of Xanthan Gum and I was feeling it! Also there was way too much cinnamon (read: spicy) Sorry girl :( I had high hopes! But I'm going to try again; and I'll let you know how they turn out


And finally that Vinaysa Yoga rocked my socks; A little bit faster paced (thankfully), great breathing techniques and some great stretches!


 What have you learned recently? Any good food combos worth sharing?

No comments:

Post a Comment