Friday, May 18, 2012

To skip or not to skip?

Well it's been a week, and I definitely give props to those of you who post during the school week! So now that testing is over I've been mostly watching movies and reviewing in class (for finals I don't have to take(: Yay for placing out!).

On Wednesday, my friends and I may or may not have had a senior skip(: it was so fun! Definitely the best day all year, we saw Avengers (this movie is awesome, you should go see it!), got froyo at yoforia and I got my graduation dress. It's green, for Tulane! I really want to get some cute heels to go with, I'll prob look at zappos dot com cause they some awesome shoes for a great price, wow I sound so cheesy. Anyways as for the fro yo, I tried a new flavor, Taro, sounds tropical or something, it was purply in color and tasted ah-mazing! Before I tried it I asked the guy working there what it tasted like and I think he summed it up perfectly, "The milk leftover in the bowl after eating fruity pebbles," so fruity, but not too sweet. Go try it! Run don't walk! you will love it. I wonder what it tastes like raw, hmmm..


source
That's what the Taro looks like
my froyo bucket (they are huge!)


There's my graduation dress!


Last night I babysat for my neighbors, something I actually enjoy as the kids are sweet and they pay well, so it's a win-win. I even got to make dinner for the little boy last night. I love cooking for kids because I always try to get them to try new things, like he said that he had never heard of cheese in scrambled eggs (how that is possible I don't know, but anyways) so I mixed some shredded cheese in his eggs and he ate them all up(: As for the other little girl, my cooking didn't lend me a helping hand, as I mistakenly made her a peanut butter dip with chocolate chips as a little snack directly before she went to bed, yeah big mistake. She was full of energy (I thought that was all talk and only in the movies! haha). Note to self; no sugar for her next time.
I have a little recipe for you, a pineapple avocado dressing that I use on my chopped salad I had while babysitting. This recipe will follow, but I used it to top off romaine, sautéed mushrooms, cucumber, green beans (from their fridge haha), turkey muffins, tomatoes, celery and a little of Heather's crack. I wish I could have found their pizza cutter so that I could be all cool and chop it up like I saw Courtney do it over at her blog.



PINEAPPLE AVOCADO DRESSING
adapted from Healthy.Happy.Life and Smart Kitchen
(I cut down on the ingredients to make a smaller batch, mostly because I only had half a small avocado haha)
-half a small avocado
-2 tablespoons OJ
-1/4 cup pineapple (I used frozen)
-2 tsp tamari
-1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
-2 tsp dried cilantro (feel free to use fresh if you have some!)
-sprinkle of salt and red pepper flakes

Mix all ingredients in a food processor and blend, blend, blend until it becomes smooth. Mine thickened after a while so store in the fridge and feel free to add a little water (or OJ or apple cider vinegar if it needs more). Serve on rice, salad or use a dip for your favorite veggies!




Anyways I'm so psyched for my 5K tomorrow (I know right; two weeks in a row!) but this one is definitely going to be different from any run I've ever done before, It's a mud run(: It's called the Warrior Dash, and it's supposed to be one of the hardest mud runs there is. I've heard rumors of walls, fire and mud pits, oh my! I'm well prepared; haha I bought 7 dollar running shorts from Walmart (so i don't ruin my nike tempo shorts don't ya know(: Too bad they are kinda cute too.


source


Man I need to work on making shorter posts more often, sorry any readers; that I may or may not have(:

Have you ever done a mud run? Have any tips?
Also have you ever tried Taro, or another funky froyo flavor that was good?

No comments:

Post a Comment