Sunday, July 29, 2012

Don't Let Others Define YOU

So when I went to my personal training appointment today, my trainer joe mentioned that I have a "runners body." I get that a lot. I mean I have long legs and I've leaned out quite a bit recently, so I guess I should take it as a compliment. But what I wanted to talk about in this post is to not let others define who you are and what you want to do. Yes I do enjoy running but just because I'm thin and lean, doesn't mean I have to stick with running forever. I am really getting into biking; I don't necessarily have the legs for it yet, but I'm not going to let that defer me from training and gaining that muscle I need to propel the bike up hills and mountains (haha as if).


I'm gonna do several other examples, so feel free to skip to the moral of the story(: 


Just because people say "you're smart" doesn't mean I don't make mistakes or that I know everything.


People always comment on how big my house is "it's huge!" And you know what, that doesn't mean I'm rich. I love that my dad worked from the bottom (he worked a low-paying job with Hallmark for a while before he started up his own small business) up to where he is now (the owner of his own company and he even gets to work from home). Okay I'm not trying to brag here (and I really hope it doesn't come off that way) What I'm trying to say is that just because I have a bigger house than other people doesn't mean my family has a lot of money, that I get everything I want or that I'm a spoiled brat. (woah I'm terrible at phrasing the point I want to make #bearwithme). 


And the last example, when everyone says "man she's good at everything" #saidnooneever haha. I'm just kidding, no one has ever said that to me. The point I'm trying to make is that just because you give off the appearance of something (whether it's intentional or not) doesn't mean that's who you are as a person.



Be weird; especially with your friends. Oh and make sure you don't tell them that you posted these pictures on your blog. hehe(:


do what you want
find what you love
and be yourself #saidcarly #saidtwentyothers (more than likely I wasn't the first to say that, but we'll go with it)


And I'll leave you with my favorite mantra, found in one of the best movies I've seen


source



No comments:

Post a Comment